Moritzburg, Meissen, Saxony, Germany
Moritzburg is a municipality in the district of Meissen in Saxony, Germany, between Meissen itself, an early centre of Saxony, and today’s capital Dresden. It is most famous for its Baroque castle, Schloss Moritzburg.
The village, which was originally known as Eisenburg, was first mentioned in 1294. It became a market in 1675. The Saxon state stud has been located here since 1828. In 1884 a narrow gauge railway, the Radebeul-Radeburg line, was built connecting the town to the district capital Radebeul and Radeburg.